Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bodily Functions

The majority of my siblings enjoy, and are in tune with, our bodily functions. One day, I had a really great belch coming, and I expelled it right in my daughter's face. I was really proud of myself. However, another mother, witnessing this, was appalled and thought it was disgusting! That appalled ME! What good, self-respecting mother would miss this opportunity? Why would anyone waste it with a silence, a covered mouth, and an "excuse me"? Where is your pride? My dad appreciated his bodily functions, and shared the joy with us. We all envied whoever was the latest "chosen one" who was allowed to pull his finger when the need arose.

9 comments:
kasey said...
Some of the first words my children spoke were "fart". In Miles' case it was "a farting".
November 2, 2008 12:14 PM
kadyhexum said...
Once, Miles farted a million times fast in a row. After I was like, "wow, pretty impressive", he said, "I made the fart have babies."
November 2, 2008 10:47 PM
Kelly said...
We were excited to be chosen to pull his finger?
November 5, 2008 1:50 PM
Kim said...
When we were little. It wore off later, of course! The smell never did, though.
November 5, 2008 4:54 PM
kadyhexum said...
I remember sitting around the table and suddenly dad would say "SHHHH!". And then everybody would pay attention, like in case a wolf would howl outside or something, and then dad would lean and fart.
November 6, 2008 10:25 AM
prettiest sister said...
I think I must have been adopted --because somehow I just don't share in your enjoyment of these bodily functions. It might also be why I don't ever feel compelled to jump of ski lifts or or drive my car into something.
November 6, 2008 11:37 PM
Kim said...
I love the story about when Mom and Dad were first married. Dad pretended that he heard a prowler and stuck his head under the covers; so, of course, mom did, too. Pretty soon, in disgust she muttered, "HAL!"By the way, Keri, I don't feel compelled to jump off ski lifts or drive my car into anything, either. However, there was a time about 20 years ago I used to fantasize about jumping out of the car while we were driving down the highway. Go figure. I think I need to add a whole new section under "Issues."
November 7, 2008 12:25 AM
kasey said...
Kady, you forgot to add the listen part. He would say, "Sh! Listen!" Then he would fart.
November 7, 2008 11:06 AM
mom said...
Nuts, you're all nuts.
November 18, 2008 9:37 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment