Monday, April 13, 2009

Hal Hexum, a pillar of compassion

I am going through old emails and found this one, it's too hilarious. Here is a conversation Keri had with dad about a year ago:

Keri: Is mom home today?

Dad : No she is working.

Keri: Okay, I just called her to tell her something interesting. On wednesday, Marc and I went to Rochestor for his doctor appointment. We were very discouraged, because originally they had said Marc had a chance to live for possibly 10 to 15 years, but his chemo treatment isn' t decreasing his cancer for the last 3 months, so the numbers of 3 to 5 years were starting to come up again, and a stem cell transplant often only increases ones life for 18 months. So we were just sick and scared. But this morning my friend was watching the Today show and Geralidine Ferrara ( former congresswoman) has multiple myeloma, and she was told she had 3 to 5 years to live, but she has tried a new drug, and it is working well, and she feels good. She was diagnosed with the cancer 9 years ago. So I am encouraged by that and wanted to tell mom looking up the article online.

Dad : Well, she will be home by 4pm. Now there is red juice on the top of my steak do you suppose it is to rare and I haven't cooked it long enough?

3 comments: