Sunday, April 12, 2009

Meeting Old Friends

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Meeting old friends
Several years ago, when my daughter was about 5 and her brother about 6 years old, we were in Rice Lake, Wisconsin, for my husband's family reunion. We went out to the Chinese Buffet (they must have them in every town) to have supper. When we walked in I spied old family friends I had known since I was a little girl. I knew them individually before they were married. When they finished their meal, they came and joined us at our table to visit awhile. They kept commenting on how quiet and polite my children were and how they couldn't believe they were related to Hexums. They sure didn't act like Hexums....After several minutes of visiting and proud-mother-making comments, Hanna shattered the illusion by standing up on her chair. She put her butt right in her brother's face and let the loudest, longest you-know-what, that I'd ever heard her let and then sat back down and resumed eating. The family friends guffawed loudly and said, "They ARE yours!"
Posted by Kim at 11:17 PM

2 comments:
Kelly said...
Who was it? Karley did the same thing on our first family dinner, except the butt was directed towards me.
November 5, 2008 1:43 PM
Kim said...
Madsens
November 5, 2008 4:53 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment